Thesis for High/Highest Honors: Students with a 3.5 GPA may choose to complete an honors thesis in order to receive High Honors (Magna cum laude) or Highest Honors (Summa cum laude).
Course Requirements: Students conducting an honors thesis must complete 6 hours of GLY4905.
- Students must communicate their intention to complete a thesis to the undergraduate adviser (email@example.com) in the first month of the semester (August for fall commencement; January for spring commencement and May for summer commencement).
- Thesis abstracts must be turned in according to the guidelines and deadlines posted on the UF Honors website (http://www.honors.ufl.edu/Thesis.aspx ).
- The deadline for final submission of an honors thesis is as follows:
- Consideration for Chair’s Award: Thesis must be submitted and approved by thesis adviser two weeks prior to the end of the graduating semester.
- Others: Thesis must be submitted the week before graduation and the thesis adviser must e-mail the undergraduate adviser (firstname.lastname@example.org) their suggestion for high or highest honors. This is only for those who want to purchase/wear the appropriate honor cords at graduation all others see section (c).
- College: The Honors office designates the date for final submission of the thesis (normally one day before graduation).
- Chair’s Award: In order to be considered for the Chair’s Award, the student must also submit a copy of their thesis to the awards committee at least 2 weeks before the awards ceremony that is held near the end of the Spring semester. The committee will forward the name of the winner to the awards coordinator.